Sunday, May 17, 2009

Eighth wonder of the world...Wonky CAN crochet

Wonky is (fittingly) as a stubborn as a mule....Which is fortunate otherwise she would have pitched her crochet (or Crotch-et as Donkey insists on calling it) out the window long ago.
But after near on a week of trying and unravelling, yesterday something clicked.

It was a mouse...and within seconds of watching a YouTube tutorial (complete with annoying commentary) Wonky realised what she'd been doing wrong. The dreams of a glorious blanket to keep Wonky and Donkey warm have flickered back to life.



This morning she stocked up on yarn at the Camberwell markets (such a bargain) and began square one.
Wonky also picked up some retro thread, some buttons, a couple of sweet pillow cases and a floral (spotty, dotty cup of twee says Donkey) sheet that will likely be re-birthed as the backing for a quilt. Oh and a hot jam donut. Wonky has no idea how that got in her hands....









2 comments:

  1. I think Wonky deserved that doughnut after using you tube to learn how to crochet! I watched one to remind me how to crochet and ended up accidently inventing my own stitch, which my mother kindly pointed out to me when I showed her my giant-granny-square in progress.
    PS. Great finds at the market too.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you Wonky , well done !

    ReplyDelete